Eyesight is one of our most important senses. Think about how hindered your life would be without it. And just as you need to take excellent care of and maintain the “health” of your car, the same goes for your eyes.
You can expect excellent eye care at the office of Vision Center. Optometrists diagnose and treat eye diseases and vision problems. They perform eye exams to identify any problems in your vision. Optometrists can prescribe many of the most common treatments you’ll need to correct your vision, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications that treat eye diseases. We uphold a position at the forefront of advances in eye care and offer outstanding solutions to improve the feel and function of your eyes.
Everyone should adhere to these basic eye-care protocols.
- Always wear sunglasses while outside and throughout the year. Make sure their lenses are labeled 100 percent UV or UV400. Repeated unprotected exposure to the sun’s UVA and UVB radiation can result in permanent eye damage. Sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection are available at all prices.
- Put on sturdy eye protection while performing home DIY chores. So many activities—from mowing your lawn to trimming trees to installing a kitchen cabinet—present opportunities for dangerous debris to shoot into your eyes.
- Wear the correct prescription eyeglasses for the appropriate activity. If you log a lot of time in front of a computer screen, wear glasses whose lenses have glare-protection coating; it will significantly reduce eyestrain.
- Exercise. Would you like a 41 percent lower chance of developing age-related macular degeneration? Moderate exercise for as few as three hours a week reduces your risk of damage to the blood vessels that nourish your eyes.
- If you wear contacts, take steps to prevent eye infections. Wash your hands well before you insert and take out your lenses. Follow the instructions on how to properly clean them, and replace them when needed.
All team members at the office of Vision Center are experts in the field of optometry and know how to ensure that each patient receives the utmost in superior care. Please don’t hesitate to call our office today!
By Vision Center
January 24, 2023